Your Professional Paper Shredding Company Offers Insights
Nowadays, most industries that handle and have access to confidential customer information are governed by regulation or legislative guidelines that require them to take reasonable measures for secure disposal of physical and digital records. Even if your sector or profession is not subject to such laws, it is a good idea to introduce formal policies and processes to manage and shred your customer documents and data, once any applicable minimum holding period has expired. Despite your best efforts, it is possible that you have to deal with data leaks, identity theft or corporate espionage. However, there are certain aspects that can help in minimizing those risks, and hiring a professional shredding service is one of them.
Top 3 Challenges of In-House Paper Shredding
Paper shredding has its own set of issues. You may sensitize your staff on information security threats, encourage them to safeguard documents and data, and train them to use the in-house shredders. However, here are some challenges that come with making your employees or staff responsible for the destruction of records:
- Physical Injuries: The last thing you want at your workplace is an accident due to incorrect use of a shredding machine. Office shredders have sharp blades that can seriously injure your employees, if they do not follow the necessary safety precautions. It is possible that even a minor task, such as clearing a paper jam could cause bruising, laceration or more severe injuries.
- Fire Hazard: No matter what brand or size you purchase, all shredders create a large amount of paper dust. The slightest loose connection or an errant spark could ignite a cloud of dust inside the machine, potentially causing a massive fire at your premises.
- Insufficient Destruction: Most office shredders feature the crosscut or ribbon cut blades that do not tear up your documents sufficiently. Once the shredded waste lands up in your garbage dump, it is fairly easy for miscreants to reassemble the pieces and get access to sensitive information pertaining to your customers or business. Moreover, with technological advancements, even an average corporate spy may have access to specialized software that can easily reconstruct the information from the discarded shreds.
For dependable and secure shredding services, rely on a professional, NAID AAA Certified company such as TITAN Mobile Shredding. We offer a host of off-site and on-site services for the disposal of physical as well as digital documents. When you hire our services, you can:
- Save thousands of dollars in procurement, maintenance and repairs of in-house shredders.
- Save several productive hours that would go into getting rid of large volumes of records manually. Instead, let your employees focus on their core jobs.
- Enjoy safe and reliable destruction of records through our industrial shredders that leave no scope for reconstruction. We also issue a Certificate of Destruction that serves as an acceptable proof of systematic document disposal, in case your business faces any audit queries or lawsuits.
- Contribute to a greener environment; 100% of our shredded material is recycled and does not end up in landfills.
To speak to the data destruction professionals at TITAN Mobile Shredding, call us at (866) 848-2699 or contact us online to request your free quote.