How to Determine Which Shredding Company is Right for You
A professional shredding service can help you reduce waste, save money, and ensure security. That is why it is crucial to choose the right service to address your paper shredding needs. Failure to do your research may lead to the mishandling of your documents and ultimately result in a privacy breach. Avoid losing customers and ruining your reputation by asking your provider a series of questions to determine if they are the right fit for your organization. Work with a professional shredding service that can provide the most reliable and secure methods of document destruction.
4 Questions to Ask a Paper Shredding Company
Before deciding to have your paper and digital records professionally destroyed, here are a few questions you should ask to make sure the service provider can meet your needs:
- Are you NAID AAA Certified? – The National Association of Information Destruction (NAID) enforces the highest standard of ethics for shredding companies. Under NAID AAA Certification, a shredding company must comply with strict protocols and regularly scheduled audits to guarantee the safe handling of your sensitive documents at all times.
- Do you offer liability insurance? – With professional liability insurance, you are 100% covered. We are the only shredding provider in the region to provide this level of protection for our customers with Downstream Data Coverage. In the unlikely case that your information is compromised, you will be immediately notified and covered to the full limit of the policy. Your coverage is included in all our services at no additional cost.
- Do you have a Certified Destruction Specialist (CSDS) on staff? – A shredding provider with a CSDS on staff can help ensure that the confidentiality of your information is maintained. Employees with CSDS accreditation possess a wealth of knowledge and can help your organization comply with all laws and regulations related to the secure destruction of information.
- What are your service options? – Choose a shredding company that offers a range of services. Look for a mobile service that destroys documents on-site. This is the safest and most reliable way to get rid of your unwanted files. Additionally, a shredding company should provide secure destruction of media and hard drives,, performed by employees who are back-ground checked, bonded, and insured.
- Do you provide an employee training program? – We understand that information security is your top priority. Qualified shredding providers will provide your employees with a comprehensive training program with an emphasis on paper and media destruction best practices. Our program includes an information destruction instruction manual, a 15-minute video, and an employee acknowledgement form.
- How does the destruction process work? – Familiarize yourself with how the shredding process works, from the moment you hand over your documents to receiving a Certificate of Destruction. Ensure that your material is collected in locked containers and never left unattended. Additionally, high-security mobile shredding trucks should be equipped with video monitors, allowing you the opportunity to witness the entire destruction process on-site.
- What happens to my shredded documents? – Once the shredding process is complete, make sure the company provides a Certificate of Destruction. The certificate signifies that all your documents have been securely destroyed. Furthermore, a reputable shredding company will work to reduce waste and should recycle your documents into new paper products.
Choose a trusted NAID AAA Certified company to address your paper and digital media shredding needs. Call TITAN Mobile Shredding and speak to our data destruction professionals at (866) 848-2699 today or contact us online to request your free quote. We can provide consolidated billing for multiple service locations with various shredding services each month.