Recycling bins are present in basically every business here in Eastern Pennsylvania, but it seems that in many circumstances they are used to collect material other than simply cans, bottles, and plastic items. What’s the concern with placing documents in your recycling bin? While paper itself is fine, documents containing private matters are another story. As a business in Eastern Pennsylvania, you likely circulate and store a considerable amount of paperwork on a day-to-day basis, much of it involving confidential information about your customers, business plans, employees, or competitors. Tossing these records in your recycling bin is inviting trouble to your business.
Consider this… You wouldn’t want strangers to learn the salary you earn, or specific details about your organization’s future marketing plans, correct? If you’re throwing these sensitive files into the recycling bin, that’s the type of information you’re essentially providing to potential thieves. Identity thieves will rummage through trash bins and recycling bins in an effort to find anything they can use to obtain critical data and carry out a criminal act. Because deciding what documents are deemed private and non-private can be difficult sometimes, Eastern Pennsylvania organizations are eliminating paper recycling bins entirely and instead are using lockable collection containers for paper collection.
Collection bins and containers are equipped with paper-slots and locking mechanisms to make document collection safe and secure. In doing so, this practice ensures there is no risk of lost/stolen information prior to secure destruction. Failing to dispose of your confidential records or failing to dispose of them properly, may lead to legal consequences such as data breach. Keep your reputation in good standing, and turn to NAID AAA Certified document shredding services offered by TITAN Mobile Shredding. Our team will supply you with on-site document shredding or your scheduled shred service date. TITAN provides a variety of options when it comes to container size and type, and each of our bins and consoles is made with quality parts and securely hold your documents prior to destruction.
Be sure that your Eastern Pennsylvania business is doing everything possible to maintain confidentiality, of private information and legal compliance. At the end of the day, as a business owner you have a liability to protect details pertaining to your customers and employees.
Consider Implementing the Below for Your Eastern Pennsylvania Business:
- Create a work environment based on information security with a top-down commitment from management.
- Start a ‘shred-all’ policy for the most reliable means of document collection and destruction. Beginning this simple practice will remind employees to dispose of documents in a secure manner. All documents are collected and stored in locked containers, which saves your employees from having to determine what’s considered confidential and what’s not. And eliminating the labor of in-house shredders.
- Perform regular security audits to evaluate which areas in your day to day work routine need improvements to achieve greater security.
- Partner with a NAID Certified, professional document shredding business to handle your document destruction needs. At TITAN Mobile Shredding, we are a reputable business with over 10 years of experience in the information destruction industry.
- In addition to paper documents, add Hard Drives and Electronic Media destruction to your office information destruction policy and procedures.
- TITAN provides tools to help with compliance, including policy and procedure templates and employee training.
Get in touch with us for additional information on our services. Treat your confidential documents with care; our collection containers keep your sensitive material safe.
Call us at 1-866-848-2699.