Why a Professional Paper Shredding Company is Your Best Option
Identity theft is an unfortunate yet common reality in our world today. Therefore, it is imperative that document destruction is performed properly to ensure the safety of your confidential information. With so many office shredders available on the market, it may be tempting to rely on this equipment as your only paper shredding solution. However, taking matters into your own hands is extremely risky when it comes to the safety of your business and employees. To optimize the efficiency of your workplace, work with a professional paper shredding company for safe and reliable destruction services.
5 Hidden Costs of Shredding Your Own Documents
Choosing to rely on an office shredder may put your business and employees at serious risk. Learn about 5 hidden costs of shredding your own documents and why using a professional shredding service will be the right option for you:
- Unreliable Equipment: Initially, home and office shredders may be an attractive option due to their budget friendly price tags. However, ongoing repair, replacement, and cleaning costs can add up overtime and result in more than you may be willing to spend. Inexpensive shredders can also produce a high volume of dust particles that may impact the health of your employees. Instead, rely on a professional shredding service that will remove and transport all unwanted documents from your workplace to a mobile shredding unit or secure facility for destruction.
- Ineffective Shredding: Office shredders will not only cost you more money and risk the health of your employees but will also do a poor and insecure job of destroying your documents. Store bought equipment often shreds your documents into long strips that can be easily put back together, resulting in a security breach. On the other hand, our secure shredding process will ensure that your documents are destroyed beyond recognition. We go one step further by recycling the pulp into new paper products.
- Time-Consuming: Relying on your employees to shred unwanted documents will increase labour costs and ultimately decrease the efficiency of your staff. They may have to take valuable time away from their duties that generate revenue for your business to shred files instead. Not only are your employees spending time feeding these documents into the shredder but they may also have to take extra time removing materials such as staples and paper clips. We can help you save time and remain productive by destroying your documents in our industrial grade disposal units.
- Employee Negligence: In-house shredding not only costs your business money, but it may also endanger your security. Deciding which documents need to be destroyed will be left up to employees who may not be sufficiently trained in information security. Alternatively, security screened, trained, and insured employees from a NAID AAA certified shredding company will help keep your information protected through our secure destruction processes.
- Lack of Proper Verification: Shredding your own documents does not provide the necessary proof to show that information has been destroyed to a legal standard. With a professional shredding company, you can rest assured that your company is complying with current laws that require proper information destruction and protection. On completion of the service, you will be granted a Certificate of Destruction that maintains an official record of the secure destruction process, including the time and date.
Choose a trusted NAID AAA Certified company to address your paper and digital media shredding needs. Call TITAN Mobile Shredding and speak to our data destruction professionals at (866) 848-2699 today or contact us online to request your free quote.