How can you save money on document shredding while still complying with regulations? Regulated industries, in particular the financial and medical industries, are governed by many laws intended to protect privacy. Many of these laws, regulations, and guidelines include the requirement that documents be fully destroyed prior to disposal. Shredding is the recommended method of document and product destruction in order to ensure clients’ or patients’ documents don’t fall into the wrong hands. We offer a variety of shredding services.
Different Levels of Service
For many of our clients in the financial or medical fields, such as banks and hospitals, the most secure service is on-site, regularly scheduled shredding. However, not everyone needs this level of service. It depends on the type of work you do and the number of documents you produce each month that require destruction. TITAN offers other options that may be more cost-effective and appropriate for your needs, such as one-time or occasional shredding, off-site shredding, or community events.
What Level of Service Is Best for You?
Even if you’re not in a highly regulated industry, you may produce documents that you don’t really want to throw away. These might include bills and invoices, reports that contain strategic plans, Human Resources information, customer lists, and the like. When deciding how to keep your company secure while saving money on shredding, ask yourself a few questions:
- How sensitive are the documents we generate?
- What volume of documents do we generate? A box a month? Two? Ten?
- Do we generate any objects that have critical information on them that need to be destroyed, such as X-rays, USB drives, CDs, or branded material such as shirts, hats, mugs?
- Do we have a stash of boxes that have been accumulating that need to be destroyed?
- How much time does my staff already spend shredding, and how much money am I losing? Do I really want my staff to have access to the information on the documents? (Use our handy cost analysis tool to determine your costs for in-house shredding.)
One-time or occasional purging of accumulated documents or objects may be less expensive for you than a regularly scheduled service, but that depends on the volume. Both the scheduled service and the one-time purge offer the advantage that our specially trained and certified technicians come to your location with our special shredding trucks, shred in your presence, and provide you with a Certificate of Destruction.
If your document volume is smaller, you may be able to save money and keep your information safe with our Drop & Go shredding services. Call our office to schedule a time and receive a quote based on quantity. Deliver your boxes, bags, or bins to our Bucks County facility. We will remove your documents for you and transfer them to our securely locked bins for same-day destruction.
There are quite a few advantages to the Drop & Go service over having your own employees shred your documents:
- You will save employee hours. Employees deposit papers in your own designated shredding containers, no need to remove staples or paperclips
- You can destroy your documents more thoroughly with our high-speed industrial shredders than you would be able to with your office shredder
- Our employees are all background-checked, bonded, and insured
- We bale and ship the shredded paper directly to a paper mill for recycling, we don’t put in a dumpster
- We are NAID AAA Certified and provide you with a Certificate of Destruction
Finally, for just a few boxes, you can bring them to one of our regularly-held community events, though we do not offer a Certificate of Destruction. This is ideal for small amounts of household papers, such as bills and old tax returns.
Let’s Talk about the Most Cost-Effective Option
Contact us to discuss your volume of documents or objects that need destruction and their level of confidentiality. We will advise you on the best option for you. Our customer service representatives put you and your needs first! Call us today at (866)848-2699 to discuss our shredding services.